Returns, Refunds, & Cancellations
701 S. Main St., Unit A
Brighton, CO 806015.3
Returns: Any returns must be initiated by the original purchaser and handled by Dealer. Acceptable returns must be made within thirty (30) days of the original purchase date. Returned Products must be in new, uninstalled, and resaleable condition. Company will not issue a refund on a Product, Company, in its sole discretion, deems not to be in new condition. Special order items are not returnable, including but not limited to, bumpers, sliders, skid plates, and any item listed as special order on Company’s website. Dealer is responsible for all shipping costs. Dealer must follow the procedure to obtain a return authorization number (“RAN”) outlined below.
- Dealer must call to request an RAN. Returns will not be accepted without an RAN.
- Dealer must be as detailed as possible regarding the reason for the return. If known, the part number and order number must be provided to assist Company representatives in issuing an RAN.
Shipping Returns: Dealer may choose the carrier. Company is not responsible for any returns lost, damaged, or missing in transit. Dealer should use a carrier that offers package tracking. Dealer must package Products carefully to ensure Products are not damaged during HaloLifts Authorized Dealer Application & Agreement 4 of 9 transit. Dealer must clearly write the RAN on the outside of the box where it is visible to avoid delaying the return.
- It is Dealer’s sole responsibility to file a claim for damage and/or shipping costs associated with Company returning the parts to Dealer, upon Dealer’s request.
- Dealer should send returns to the following address:
701 S. Main St., Unit A
Brighton, CO 80601
Order Changes & Cancellations: Once an order is placed, it cannot be modified, the order must be cancelled, and Dealer must place a new order. If Dealer cancels or changes an order after it is packed and labeled, additional shipping costs will apply. Any cancelled or changed order already shipped will require Dealer to return the Product back to Company at Dealer’s cost. Shipping fees for packages refused at the time of delivery will be deducted >from the return credit. Do not refuse the shipment, accept the delivery, and communicate with Company to receive a RAN.
- Restocking Fee. Any returns and cancellations are subject to a five percent (5%) restocking fee.
Refunds: Refunds will be initiated after the inspection of the returned item. Refunds will be issued via the original payment method. Return credits may take up to seven (7) to ten (10) business days to process. Refunds are issued at the sole discretion of Company.
- Damaged Returns. Damaged returns will be subject to a deduction from the refund amount based on the damage to the Product.–
PLEASE READ ALL WARRANTY, RETURN, AND REFUND POLICIES PRIOR TO ORDERING BY PLACING YOUR ORDER EITHER ONLINE OR OVER THE PHONE, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND POLICIES
- HaloLifts provides a 1 year warranty to the original purchaser/owner of the vehicle on which the product was originally installed for defects in material and workmanship on products manufactured by HaloLifts coilovers carry a 1 year warranty for defects in material and workmanship. All shocks within a coilover carry a warranty of 1 year from the date of purchase to the original owner for shocks HaloLifts deems to be under warranty. Signs of misuse or abuse will void your warranty.
- All non-branded HaloLifts products carry a warranty from the original manufacturer. HaloLifts cannot offer a warranty on products we sell that were not manufactured under the HaloLifts name. Some of the products HaloLifts sells may be covered under specific manufacturers’ warranty(s) and may require warranty claim through the manufacturer by the end user. This information can be found on each manufactures website for the product you have purchased from us.
- HaloLifts will not warranty any product for: Finish, Alterations, Modifications, Corrosion, Abuse, Misuse, and/or improper installation. HaloLifts will not consider for warranty any product that has any signs of off road abuse or Racing.- HaloLifts obligation under this warranty is limited to repair or replacement at HaloLifts discretion, and may include the cost of new replacement parts. Any costs of installation, removal, and ALL shipping costs of defective parts are not covered under this warranty and will be the responsibility of the purchaser. Items that are subject to wear are not considered defective when worn and are not covered. Coilover take-apart shocks are considered a serviceable shock with a one year warranty on leakage only. The proper fitment and application of all parts is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer regardless of any recommendation by HaloLifts website, employee’s or any other online information. We try to provide as much information as possible about products on our website but we do not guarantee all website information is 100% accurate.
- You must call or email us for a RMA number prior to shipping any warranty products to HaloLifts. Any product shipped to us without first getting an RMA may not be considered for warranty and you will have to pay for shipping back to you.
—RETURNS / REFUNDS—-
- HaloLifts will Not accept any returns or refund for any parts or products that have been installed.
- HaloLifts WILL NOT GIVE A REFUND ON ANY PARTS THAT HAVE NOT BEEN PRE – APPROVED. We require that you call 1-303-518-2114 or email us at sales@HaloLifts.com for a RMA # prior to returning any parts. NO CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN ON ANY PARTS RETURNED WITHOUT AN APPROVED RMA # INSIDE THE PACKAGE YOU ARE RETURNING TO US. MISSING OR DAMAGED PARTS MUST BE REPORTED WITHIN 3 BUSINESS DAYS OF ORDER DELIVERY
- NO credits will be given on ANY non-defective products past 30 days from the original purchase date. Full Credit is only issued at our desecration on items that have NOT been installed, are in NEW condition as they were when sent out to you, and MUST be returned within 30 days from date of purchase. WE WILL NOT RETURN ANY ITEMS AFTER 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE. HaloLifts makes every attempt to process all returns within 48 hours of receiving your return.
- ALL refunds carry a minimum re-stocking fee of 25% from the original purchase price. Any and all shipping costs will not be refunded.
- Non-defective merchandise credit will only be credited to the original purchaser and the original payment method (Credit Card, PayPal, etc.)
- You are responsible for all shipping costs on ALL return items you are submitting to HaloLifts for a refund.
- All Returns must be packaged to eliminate damage during shipping back to HaloLifts.
- All return merchandise must be insured for/or greater than the original purchase price at your costs to cover the entire contents of the products and packaging. Products damaged during the return ship process back to HaloLifts are the full responsibility of you and the shipping company in which you choose. We will not give credit for any products returned that we do not deem in NEW condition.
- Drop Ship Dealers: Once your order is placed and then shipped it is not returnable. If your customer wants to return it, that will be between you and your customer. Do not have them send it back to us as we will not accept the return. We do not accept any returns from any drop ship dealer. We will only drop ship within the USA lower 48 states. Alaska and Hawaii drop ship orders need prior approval before we will ship to them.
— CANCELLED or CHANGED ORDERS —-
- ALL ORDERS that are paid for and cancelled before the package has been processed for shipment are subject to a cancellation fee of $20.00 or 5% of the purchase price, whichever is greater.
- Orders that are cancelled after they are processed and packaged for shipment will be charged a 15% restocking fee.
- All orders changed after packaging has been processed will be subject to additional shipping costs and/or processed as a new order.
- Any order changed after shipped status will require the purchaser to return the product(s) back to HaloLifts at your return shipping costs.
- ANY PACKAGE that is REFUSED at the time of delivery will be charged a 20% restocking fee and ALL shipping fees will be deducted from return credit.
- By clicking the confirm order button you are authorizing the above total to be billed to your card and the sale is final, NO CREDITS OR CHANGES CAN BE APPLIED ONCE YOUR ORDER IS CONFIRMED.
— PAYMENT OPTIONS —
- We accept all major credit card companies- Visa, American Express, Discover, and MasterCard.
- We also accept PayPal payments. All PayPal Accounts MUST have a verified shipping and billing address and we will ONLY ship to the verified shipping address. No international PayPal transactions will be accepted.
- All gift cards issued by a major Credit Card Company must be registered to your actual shipping address or our system will not accept them. Please make sure your current billing/shipping address is current with your Credit Card Company or bank prior to ordering with us.
— SHIPPING —
- We make every attempt to ship orders within 24 hours; most in stock parts ship the same day that the order is placed if before 2PM MST.- will make NO guarantees on delivery date or shipping date regardless of shipping method selected. All shipping times do not include the day of the shipment, holidays, or weekends. Our business hours are Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm MST
- Some or all packages we ship may require a signature at the time of delivery. FedEx will make 3 attempts to deliver your package. If on the 3rd attempt no one is available to sign for the package, it will be returned to us. You will be responsible for all return shipping to HaloLifts and any charges to re-ship the package back to you.
- WE DO NOT SHIP TO APO OR FPO ADDRESSES — WE SHIP TO US AND CANADA ONLY All Canadian orders must email sales@HaloLifts.com for a shipping quote prior to shipping.
— FRAUD —
- We have many procedures in place to help protect you and ourselves against fraud. does not keep any credit card info on file at any time. We also work closely with local and international law enforcement agencies to help prosecute all fraud cases.ALL FRAUD CASES WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THEIR LEGAL LIMITS.
- Some orders may be held and not shipped if fraud is suspected.
— IMPORTANT WARNING! —
Limitation of Liability Installation of a lift kit or “lifting components” will raise the center of gravity on the vehicle which the kit/components are installed and they will make the vehicle more likely to tip over when turning, or when driving on sloping terrain. Wider wheels with more offset, and wider tires should be installed on any lifted vehicle to minimize rollover. The driver of any vehicle with lifting components/kits must drive the vehicle more carefully, and must avoid quick or sharp turns. Installers, owners, and operators must follow instructions and warnings exactly to avoid damage to the vehicle, other property, or serious bodily injury or death to oneself or others. The user is knowingly modifying the suspension system of the vehicle in which any suspension modifications are made, and assumes liability for any damage it could cause. Improper installation or misuse of HaloLifts products could result in property damage, injury, or death to the driver, passenger, or bystanders. HaloLifts will not be liable for ANY damages resulting from, or caused by the installation of our lift kits, or any other products we sell.
— New Car Warranty Information —
You want to upgrade your vehicle with aftermarket equipment, but you’re worried about putting the vehicle’s warranty at risk. It’s no wonder. How many times have you heard someone at an automobile dealership say that unless the dealer installs your aftermarket equipment you will automatically void your new car warranty? This common misconception has been repeated often enough to be widely believed – though it is completely false. FACT:
Dealers don’t like warranty work, because it pays less than normal repair work. By promoting the myth that aftermarket equipment automatically voids warranties, some dealers avoid such low-paying work. Instead, they attempt to charge customers the prime service rate for work which is rightfully done under warranty.
Most vehicle owners are not aware they are protected by federal law: the Magnuson-Moss Warranty – Federal Trade Commission Improvement Act of 1975. Under the Magnuson-Moss Act, aftermarket equipment which improves performance does not void a vehicle manufacturer’s original warranty, unless the warranty clearly and conspicuously states that aftermarket equipment voids the warranty. Most states have warranty statutes which provide further protections for vehicle owners. In other words, that means a dealer can’t wiggle out of his legal warranty obligation merely because you install aftermarket equipment. To find out if any aftermarket equipment automatically voids your vehicle’s warranty, check the owner’s manual. It is likely the language you are looking for appears under a heading such as “What Is Not Covered” Although the language seems negative. Remember, your vehicle manufacturer is simply saying he does not cover the aftermarket products themselves. He is not saying that the products would void the vehicle warranty.
VEHICLE DEALERS OBLIGATIONS:
Suppose your modified vehicle needs repairs while still under warranty. Without analyzing the true cause of the problem, the dealer attempts to deny warranty coverage. He made his decision simply based on the fact that you’ve installed aftermarket equipment – a convenient way to dodge low-paying warranty work. An example of how ridiculous this can get is the man who was denied warranty coverage by a dealer on his power door locks, because he had improved his exhaust system! Sounds nuts? It really happened – because that man did not know his rights and challenge the dealer’s decision. Fact: A dealer must prove – not just say – that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs before he can deny warranty coverage on that basis.
Point out to the dealer the provision of the Magnuson-Moss Act- Require that he explain to you how the aftermarket equipment caused the problem. If he can’t – or his explanation sounds questionable – it is your legal right to demand he comply with the warranty. Fact: If you are still being unfairly denied warranty coverage, there is recourse. The Federal Trade Commission, which administers the Magnuson-Moss Act, monitors compliance with warranty issues. Direct complaints to the FTC at (202) 326-3128.This is the actual language of the act: No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumer’s using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade, or corporate name; except that the prohibition of this sub-section may be waived by the Commission if:
- The warrantor satisfies the Commission that the warranted product will function properly only if the article or service so identified is used in connection with the warranted product, and
- The Commission finds that such a waiver is in the public interest. The district courts of the United States shall have jurisdiction of any action brought by the Attorney General (in his capacity as such), or by the Commission by any of its attorneys designated by it for such purpose, to restrain (A) any warrantor from making a deceptive warranty with respect to a consumer product, or (B) any person from failing to comply with any requirement imposed on such person or pursuant to this chapter or from violating any prohibition contained in this chapter.
MAGNUSON MOSS WARRANTY ACT
US Code – Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) . For best results, consider working with performance-oriented dealerships with a proven history of working with customers. If your vehicle manufacturer fails to honor emission/warranty claims, contact EPA at (202) 260-2080 or www.epa.gov. If federal warranty protection is denied, contact the FTC at (202) 326-3128 or www.ftc.gov.